It has been reported that a 24-year old nursing mother identified as Yewande Busari, was electrocuted in Lagos with her 1-year-old son named Pamilerin strapped to her back on May 6. The child however survived.
It was gathered that the tragedy was caused by electrical wires sticking out of a streetlight pole where Yetunde who reportedly did not use the pedestrian bridge was trying to cross the highway at the Oshodi area of Lagos state.
The young baby who has since being discharged from a hospital, is currently with his paternal grandparents.
Yewande’s corpse after the electrocution
The baby’s father, Lekan Akorede, told SaharaReporters.
“Since the accident, he has not stopped crying. Pamilerin was very fond of his mother and has refused to breastfeed from other mums who had offered to help.”