Anyone who has been cheated on has always come to a cross road where they either leave their cheating partner or try to mend things and give love a second chance.
But if you have a partner who cheats on you and you’re thinking of your options, there are certain factors to consider before walking away or taking that person back into your life.
According to Ebony, here are some factors to consider before accepting a cheater:
1. Knowing their private details: Trying to know everything about the private details of a cheating partner is bound to happen because of trust issues between you two. It’s not easy to trust a cheater completely but infringing totally into their privacy could mean more trouble and drive both of you further apart.
2. Listening to outside opinion: When trying to mend your relationship with a cheating partner, try as much as possible to shut out the disapproving voices of people around you. Try not to judge your partner based on their judgements because it’ll make your relationship worse than it ever was.
3. Put sex on hold: Jumping right into bed with your cheating partner could complicate matters for the two of you. Wait till your emotions are stable enough to put behind you the cheating incident. Having sex with your partner when your trust is still fickle would do you more harm than ever.
4. How risky is the situation?: After being faced with the news of a cheating partner it’s proper to go for medical checkups. Take an inventory of the associated risk and got test yourself for STDs and HIV before you think of reuniting with him/her.
5. Counselling: Meeting up with a relationship counsellor if you can’t handle the hurt and pain alone is advisable. Talk to them and see if your relationship can be salvaged or not. Once a cheater…always a cheater may be not be true in this case. So seeking professional help in this setting is highly advisable.