Reports show eye twitching which is in most cases an un serious uncontrollable spasm will occur at some point in some people’s life but if these conditions present themselves, then it’s time to get medical attention…
Eye twitching is an uncontrollable, repetitive spasm or blinking of the upper eyelid.
This condition could be annoying because they are usually uncontrollable. They are often nothing to be worried about except when you notice some weird factors.
Eye twitching can be caused by stress, fatigue, dry eyes, eye infection, high alcohol intake and too much caffeine intake. Reports reveal that most people develop minor eye twitching at some point in their lives and the cause it generally not known but if you notice these, you should get medical help:
1. If twitching completely closes your eyelid.
2. If twitching persists for more than a week.
3. If you notice swelling, redness or discharge from the eyes.
4. If you notice a drooping upper eyelid
5. If you notice the spasm/twitching affects other facial muscles.
If you notice all the above, you should seek medical help immediately as it could be signs of serious underlying health issues.